WordPress is an open-source that is the top choice for website developers to create websites such as blogging, entertainment, education and many more. It’s a widely popular CMS which powers approximately 35% of website development on the internet. It offers you great designs, features and freedom to create the website just the way you want. So in this blog related to WordPress web development, we are going to have an overview of how you can easily create a beautiful website for any of your own purposes.
WordPress Web Development: How to Begin
To begin with the WordPress Web Development for your website, you will require a few things such as a domain name and a hosting service.
The overall procedure to build a basic website would take anything between 45 minutes to an hour.
So you begin with choosing a platform that is suitable for you. In most of the cases for beginners, choosing a self-hosted WordPress site can be a good option to begin with. It already comes with a number of designs and addons with which you can create any type of website you can think of. Creating a more efficient, functional and beautiful website thus becomes a matter of creativity and personal taste for you.
Choose a Domain and Purchase it.
Next step is to finalize a domain name for yourself and purchase it. For that, you can refer to various online services which allow you to buy domain name for your website you’re about to build. Every website that sells domains has pricing with different slots, based on the number of services, time duration, etc. A general suggestion while purchasing a domain name is look for a domain that relates to your business also, and is easy to pronounce and remember.
After entering information into various fields such as your name, email id, address etc, you can make payment to successfully complete the purchase.
Heading towards the Actual WordPress Web Development Process.
Here comes the main part where you start your WordPress web Development for your website. To make it understand easily, here it is given in a stepwise manner.
- Install WordPress. You can do so by going to their official website and downloading the package to your local computer. After having done with various configurations, you can hit the install button to start with the WordPress installation to your device.
- Select a Theme. This is important because it decides how your website would look and what will be it’s visual appearance. The Basic WordPress website template comes with a basic pre design, which can be changed according to the appearance that you want. In case the basic themes don’t appeal to you, you can always go for various paid or free WordPress website templates. After installing the theme, you can customise it too according to your own taste.
- Adding Content to your site. After your basic website structure is ready, you’re good to go to further ads content to your site. You can add pages such as About Us, Contact Us, Blogs, and so on. You can add images and videos too as per the requirement of your website. So it’s just simple, add the pages, and add the posts.
- At the last you can do additional tweaking to your website to make it look more professional. You can add comment boxes, give a suitable site title and tagline. Additionally, you can also set up a static front page and set up navigation menus to impart lucidity to your website.
These days WordPress plugins are a great source if you want to have additional functionalities to your website according to the Services you provide. Some of them are provided by WordPress itself and some can be downloaded as a third party plugin. These plugins help you to optimise your website and also provide better functions easily.
Few stats related to WordPress web Development
- With the ease of website development as described in this post, it is evident that WordPress is quite famous among its users. Therefore, it receives approximately a million new registered domains every 6 months.
- It is also searched almost 3 million times every month. Such is the magic of its popularity!
- With 2.28 billion search results, it dominated Google SERPs as well.
- It is available in various languages too. As many as 196 languages, which is also a key reason behind its popularity over the internet space.